What is Holistic and Therapeutic Massage?
Holistic and Therapeutic Massage is a natural and intuitive therapy with significant benefits for the body and mind. Using a combination of Swedish massage techniques designed to relax you and your muscles, it helps ease tension and tiredness out of your body. I also use Deep Tissue Massage which focuses on the tighter areas of muscle tissue. It aims to release the chronic patterns of tension in the body through slow strokes and deeper pressure, either following or going across the fibres of the muscles, tendons and fascia. Deep tissue massage usually focuses on more specific areas and may cause some soreness during or right after the massage. However, you should feel better than ever within a day or two.
What else is Holistic and Therapeutic Massage good for?
It is said to treat the numerous body systems (such as the circulatory, lymphatic, endocrine and digestive systems for example) that are interdependent of each other for efficient operation. Massage can help by stimulating each of the systems to encourage them to work more effectively and help combat the impacts of stress. In the course of the massage the effects of stress can be alleviated in a number of ways:
- Massage relies on touch which can be comforting and reassuring.
- It may release endorphins – natural painkilling and uplifting hormones.
- It can stimulate the part of the nervous system that slows the body down, encourages deeper more relaxed breathing, slower heart beat and aids digestion.
- It can stimulate and boost the immune system that can be weakened by constant stress.
- Help improve nerve communication and relax the nervous system to alleviate anxiety.
- It may help lower high blood pressure if taking regular massages but massage should not be substituted for your regular medication.
- Help improve muscle suppleness and breaks down muscle tension.
- Help improve circulation.