This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data before and after your massage treatments.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 16 years of age.
MUNIRA RASUL is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we” in this privacy notice).
Full name of legal entity: MUNIRA RASUL T/A TRI-ESSENCE THERAPIES
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 07720 352097
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data may include your address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and your communication preferences.
We need to collect the following sensitive data about you in order to provide you with massage services that are safe to perform, to check for medical contra-indications, to enable us to provide treatments tailored to your health requirements and meet the requirements of our professional body (The Institute of Sport and Remedial Massage, ISRM) and for insurance purposes:
- Current state of health which will include any medical condition for which you are undergoing diagnosis or help through a medical professional such as a GP or consultant. This also includes details of recent (within 6 weeks of appointment) or forthcoming operations, recent (within 6 weeks of appointment) accidents and injuries.
- Medical / health history which will include any historical medical conditions that you have sought help for through a medical professional such as a GP or consultant. This also includes details of historical operations, accidents and injuries.
- Medication that has been prescribed by a health professional such as a GP or consultant. This does not include food supplements.
We require your explicit consent for processing sensitive data, so when you submit your details during the client consultation at your first appointment, you will be required to sign and date the client consultation form.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (the massage services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we have the right to refuse to provide you with these services but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect data about you through:
- Direct interactions: You may provide data by communicating with us during the client consultation from which we will complete a client consultation form for you. But also by:
- Text messages;
- Ongoing note taking during and post-treatment;
- Giving us feedback;
- Via client consultation forms completed prior to receiving ‘taster’ treatments at events such as Pamper Evenings, fairs, well-being events.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- To ascertain how to perform a safe massage treatment within the limitations of your past or present health or medical conditions. To record the progress and outcome of the
- To send out reminders of your booked treatment 24 hours before.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
Purposes for processing your personal data
Set out below is a description of the ways we intend to use your personal data and the legal grounds on which we will process such data. We have also explained what our legitimate interests are where relevant.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground, depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Type of data
|Lawful basis for processing
|To register you as a new client
|Performance of a contract with you
|To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
(c) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Effectiveness of massage treatments received by you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary to know how we can make improvements to the services we provide
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
|Necessary for us to develop our products/services and grow our business
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
- requested information from us or received massage services from us; or
- if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion or free resources; and
- in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a receiving massage services from us or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to find out more about how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above:
- Professional insurers who provide insurance services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our clients (including Contact and Identity Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. However, it is an obligation to our insurers and professional body (ISRM) that we retain all personal data including Contact, Identity and Sensitive Data for a minimum of seven years from the date of the last treatment provided by us.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data however if the client is under continued care of Tri-Essence Therapies, this may adversely affect the treatments and also contravene our professional requirements so under these circumstances we may have to discontinue your treatments.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data. (See point 7. above)
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.